Operation Christmas Gift-Baby Bag & Accesories

December 2, 2013

I've decided that since I have this sewing machine that I must make at least one thing for a Xmas present. So I thought about it and I notice my midget starting to take interest in her baby dolls more. She loves taking care of them, we play all the time now. I noticed that she didn't have a diaper bag, diapers to change them, baby blanket and the list goes on and on. So I'm hoping this sewing project isn't that hard to tackle.






Operation Christmas Gift-Baby Bag & Accessories
 For my Tot

I'm hoping to include:

  • Baby Bag
  • Hooded Baby Blanket
  • Burp Cloths
  • Cloth Diapers
  • Wipes w/ wipes case
  • Bibs
  • Changing Pad
  • & Carrier if I have time

I purchased or already had for this project:
  • 2 Yards of Cotton Fabric($1.50/yard)
  • 2 Yards of Soft Felt$2.94/yard)
  • 4 Fat Quarters(97 cents-Walmart)
  • 2 Kitchen Towels polyester ones($1 from Dollar Tree)
  • Extra Firm Heat Bond(1pkg)
  • Velcro( I had but thin its around $2)
  • 4 Sheets of White Felt(29 cents)

Here are my test diapers out of my husband old shirt. Thru this process I learned what fit and what didn't. 
  

She has two baby alive dolls and for the first time I noticed one was chubbier than the other. So my diapers had to fit both, but I figured out the right pattern similar to this one below. I have two patterns, but as you can see it fits both dolls as opposed to ones above which were two different sizes. 


 

As I finish each project I will add links with pictures. I have less than a month so lets see what happens. 



Post a Comment