Peanut Butter Fudge Drops

December 8, 2013

As always . . .Im waiting till the last minute to make a goodie for a squadron event. So I had to think of what I wanted to do. I know I wanted to make easy fudge and I also wanted to do peanut butter. I also knew i only had 2 hours, to make treat, get me and my midget dressed. I came across this recipe Here and thought how cool. I used dark and semi sweet chocolate instead of milk/semisweet, too sweet for me plus i love dark chocolate more than anything. PB Fudge Cups here we go. . .






Peanut Butter Fudge Drops
Adapted from Butter, with a side of Bread
Yields about 30-36 cookies

Ingredients:

Cookie:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened {or coconut oil}
  • 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract(I used paste)
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Fudge Filling:
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract








Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a mini muffin pan liberally with cooking spray. I used coconut oil.



Using mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter and white/brown sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla. Add in flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until combined. Measure out dough with 1 TBSP cookie or ice cream scoop, so this process is super fast! No need to shape the cookies, just place each scoop in one compartment of a mini muffin tin.









Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center of each using a melon baller or tsp measuring spoon. I used the end of a wider spoon, cutter that way i had deep wells for more fudge. Let rest for 8-10 minutes then remove from pan to serving trays(this is where you usually put on cooling rack but i was late for time so straight to serving dishes they went to cool rest of the way).





While the cookies are cooling, prepare the fudge filling. Combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Mix lightly and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. I have a semi-powerful microwave, so mine only took a minute and a half. The mixture doesn't look melted, but give it a few gentle stirs and you'll see it's heated well enough. Add vanilla and stir again until smooth.


 Doesnt look melted. . . .
 But once you Stir



Now you prepare ziplock baggy or if you have piping bags with star tip. Add half of fudge mixture to bag, squeeze to corner if your using baggy, snip edge or cut around tip. Now pipe fudge into cookies, fudge will have a thick consisitency so it wont overflow. So if you want less cookies pipe as tall as you want, for the batch not so tall. If fudge sets(gets solid to fast), just microwave for 30 seconds and refill your bag.




I had about a quarter left of fudge so I piped it on my silpat(silcone baking mat) or wax paper and made fudge drops. Just leave them in the freezer, make great creamy snacks or in fridge for another dessert. Ours never last more than a day.

Once your done, heat peanut butter(creamy) or chips in microwave for 30 seconds and pipe over cookies. If not for a event, store in a closed container. Enjoy


****( Also if your going to a coffee party make a coffee fudge by adding 1Tbsp instant espresso instead of vanilla, gives it a nice kick)*****



Post a Comment