Roasted Cashew Honey Vanilla Bean Butter(Chunky)

March 19, 2014

Been on a nut butter making binge. Making it every two weeks it seems, so thought i'd share a recipe I like. Now that I'm working out more, nut butters are a necessity. Here's another one of my favorites. I love cashew butter and if you can't tell by now I love Ground vanilla bean more that the extract and my next favorite paste. Enjoy




Roasted Cashew Honey Vanilla Bean Butter(Chunky)

Makes about 2 cups or more
Ingredients:
4 cup of cashew(you buy already roasted but I like dark roasted)
1 Tbsp salt(optional)
3 Tbsp Peanut Oil(optional)
4 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Ground Whole Vanilla Bean(you can use paste or fresh vanilla from a vanilla bean)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set up your food processor. Roast cashews for 15-20 minutes until fragrant or nicely browned. You have to be careful with cashews because they burn easier than any other nut.
Let cool 15 minutes. Once cooled add cashews(salt if adding) to food processor and begin to pulse until you have chopped cashews. Remove a 1/2 cup and place on the side. Continue to process. 

Will start to look like flour, then into thick paste a ball will form. Keep going.




Will start to look like thick cashew butter, add peanut oil if you like, keep going and then it will smooth out.


Add Honey, Ground Vanilla Bean and process for 30 seconds. 


Add Chopped cashews, process for 30 seconds.



Voila, your done. 

Put in glass jar. Now you can let sit at room temp for up to two weeks or refrigerate for up to a month. I just love this stuff, cant get enough. What should I do Next?





*****TIP****

Whole Ground Vanilla Beans

I use this stuff instead of extract gives a better flavor to everything, from pancakes to homemade drinks. The next best thing would be paste, less water and no alcohol. Just thought I'd share a picture of what it looked like. 




Post a Comment