Nikkie's Homemade Roasted Almond Butter

March 5, 2014

Well here's my Almond version of my awesome Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe. Not gonna get to chatty just gonna jump right into the recipe so here goes.



Nikkie's Homemade Roasted Almond Butter
Makes About 2 Cups(16oz)
Ingredients:

4 cups Almonds(with shell, not blanched)
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt(If you would like salter AB add 1-2 more Tbsp of salt)

Optional: 
  • 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil(didn't add it this time, hubby did not want any. But I love the flavor it adds)
  • Chopped Almonds, 1/2 cup for chunky


Directions:

Preheat oven 350', take sheet tray or pan(as I did) and add almonds. Bake for 20-25 mins, stirring or tossing until aromatic(I always think roasted almonds smell like fresh popped popcorn, I know weird). Let cool.


Once cooled, setup food processor, add almonds and start to process.
A ball will start to form, keep processing.




 It will start to look like chopped chunky butter, keep going. Will start to look like thick chunky AB, keep going or stop(this is the moment before it starts to smooth out).


Last 30 seconds add peanut oil, salt or any optional ingredients(chopped almonds for chunky, honey, etc). Viola, Almond Butter. Pour into a glass jar, it will seem thin but will thicken in the fridge. Store in refrigerator up to 1 month. Will last on the shelf for 2 weeks with oil in it. But I recommend putting it in the fridge. 



Now Enjoy, I think my hubby and Midget both approve. 


Yum Yum. If you haven't checked out my PB recipe, check out HERE 

& my Roasted Cashew Honey Vanilla Bean Butter, HERE.   




Post a Comment