Homemade Peanut Butter. . . . for my Hubby for Valentine

February 15, 2014

Every year is always a challenge to figure out whats the most awesome thing I could make for my lovely hubby for valentines. Well took me a minute but then it came to one night while watching him perform his before bedtime snack or as he calls it "feeding his body/muscles while he sleeps." He has a protein shake and a spoonful of PB. So I figured making him some would be a big hit. So here's a simple recipe I have after playing around. Gluten free and taste great.




Nikkie's Homemade Peanut Butter
Makes about 2 Cups(16oz)
Ingredients:

4 cups of Dry Roasted Peanuts
2 Tbsp of Peanut Oil(optional but I like the flavor it brings, plus it makes it not as dry)
1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt(if you like salter PB add 1 more Tbsp)

Flavor Options:
  • Honey-Add 1/4 cup of Honey
  • Chopped nuts-1/2 cup for chunky, 1 cup for extra chunky
  • Choose a different nut(cashew, almonds, macadamia)
Directions:

Setup food processor, add peanuts, start processor. 

Add Oil and salt. A ball will start to form, keep processing. Will start to look chunky, like thick peanut butter(this is the final stage before it turns creamy), keep processing. I stopped (picture below)when its still pretty thick but not to thick, my hubby likes thick or chunky PB better. So I stopped here

  
Last 30 seconds add chopped nuts for chunky. Viola Peanut butter, it will seem thin but once in the fridge it thicken up. Process will take about 5 minutes. Will refrigerate up to 1 month.



He loved it and now I'm his Peanut butter maker Queen. Coming soon, more flavors and chocolate peanut butter.

**** Updated Flavors ****

Roasted Almond Butter
&
Roasted Cashew Vanilla Bean Butter




Happy Valentines Day




Post a Comment