Valentine's Circle Skirt for my Midget

February 15, 2014

As I had mentioned on a previous page, homemade gifts for my two favorite people is a must for the Valentine holiday. As I went to the fabric store for a mission to find myself something to make a cute skirt out of, I found something for my daughter instead. Or shall I say she picked it out and said with those big brown eyes "Mommy Please and it has to have a tutu(which is my toddlers way of meaning tulle)." I've been dying to try this circle skirt tutorial, since I got my sewing machine from DANAMADEIT. if you've never been to her site. Its awesome especially for new sewist like myself. She has awesome tips, wonderful patterns, and great blog, laced with ideas. Cool tips for girls and boys clothing that any stylish mommy will love. So here's my version of DANAMADEIT circle skirt, peek-a-boo style.



My Simple Peek-A-Boo Circle skirt

What I used:

1 yard of Cotton Print
2 yards of Tulle that compliment cotton fabric
1" wide elastic (that's what I had but think 2" would have been better)
Sewing Machine, Needle and thread

Optional: Serger but I don't have one and it turned out great

Directions:

I basically followed Dana's directions, I just added 2 layers of tulle cut out in same pattern. I measured and cut by winging it, I did not make a pattern. Just fold fabric twice and measured from corner.

 I also used a rolled hemmed foot since I do not have a serger and it turned out great


Here's my little angel modeling for me. I got a big hug, big thank you and princess twirl. Hope you like my daughter did, now to make myself one.




 Dorothy was HERE, :)




***Happy Valentine's Day***


Post a Comment