Spicy Tuna Salad on Avocado

March 6, 2014

I've been seeing many recipes on the net for tuna salad on avocado and I've been dying to try a recipe. So this is usually how I like eating my tuna. I just added the avocado at the bottom. I must say, yum, yum. So here's my fun recipe for a simple lunch or mid meal snack for you body builders out there.





Spicy Tuna Salad on Avocado
Makes 2 servings
(4 depending on size of avocado and if you don't mind sharing)
Ingredients:

1 6.4oz Tuna pack
1 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp Diced Red Onion
1 Tbsp Sweet Peppers(the mini ones, didnt have any this time)
2 Tbsp Chipotle Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 Tsp Cayenne
1 Large(or 2 medium) Avocado
2 Boiled Eggs

Directions:

Mix tuna, cilantro, onion, peppers, mayo,, mustard, salt and cayenne together, set aside. Cut avocado in half, removing the seed. Cut little slither off bottom so avocado will sit balanced on plate. Scoop tuna evenly on the avocados. Topped with sliced egg and enjoy. 

Better substitute for a sandwich and yummy. Tuna can be made 3 days ahead. I usually have it in the fridge and split it between days for lunch. Thanks for reading.



Post a Comment